Beautifully arranged with cured meats, cheese, nuts, rolled bread, crackers, and more, this appetizer is becoming a new trend in family gatherings and events. A quick no-cook fancy-looking platter on the table will definitely wow your guests and of course, give you more time to entertain them.
What is a Charcuterie?
A very popular staple that originated in France, charcuterie (pronounced "shahr-ku-tuh-ree"), is the art of assembling cured meats. Long before the days of refrigeration, it was the fruit of necessity and because of the traditional food movement, it is now becoming a trend on our tables.
What does it consist of?
2-3 kinds of meat delis typically consist of these trays. Usually, these are turkeys, ham, and roast beef. Any combination of cheeses and garnish it with dips, fresh or dried fruits, olives, pickles, nuts, crackers, bread, or even greens will make any platter pop up more!
Why do you need it?
Simply because it is appetizingly eye-catching and mouth-watering worthy! But if you still need more convincing, here are 5 reasons why you really need them:
- These are perfect for the holidays and you want to impress your guests with something fancy.
- You want an exciting platter full of flavor and texture on the table.
- Both a snack and a light meal.
- When you are thinking of having a Fredericksburg wine tasting at your event.
- An easy no-cook quick fix.